A Biodynamic Manual
Practical Instructions for Farmers and Gardeners
For anyone already practicing, or turning to, biodynamic gardening and farming methods, numerous detailed questions arise, such as:
* How do you make and use the key preparations, such as horn manure and horn silica?
* How do you develop living, fertile soil?
* Which treatments are best for controlling weeds, pests and disease?
This manual, fully illustrated with explanatory diagrams and photographs, provides the answers. The book covers:
* all aspects of making and using biodynamic preparations and composts
* managing the health of plants
* controlling weeds and pests
* working with cosmic rhythms
* combatting common diseases such as mildew
* working with seeds, pastes and root dips
* care of fruit trees and vines
This second edition also has extensive new chapters on large-scale farming, including livestock and cereal cultivation, and vegetable farming. The whole book has also been completely revised and updated.
Although the technical aspects of biodynamic growing are exhaustively covered, the author also considers the human qualities necessary for this kind of agriculture to succeed.
This is an invaluable guide for all biodynamic growers to have to hand daily