Case for home schooling
Free range home education handbook
As many families weigh up their schooling op^tions, this timely handbook offers a treasure chest of home-education resources. Anna Dusseau, a teacher turned home-educator, explores how children learn, the benefits of home education addressing key questions for hom eeducators, and with 101 activities for homeschooling.
- Inspirational, practical stories from homeschooling families
- Deep wisdom about children's development and learning
- Engages children with creative, self-directed learning for life
- Straight-talking , tried-and-tested methods and tips
- Legal overview for dealing with the education authorities
- Empowering home learning resources to get started and keep going
Anna Dusseau is an English teacher turned home-educator with three children, who turned because she saw mainstream schooling eroded her children's well-beimg, curiosity and learning. Her highly readable and searingly honest approach shows how homeschooling can work brilliantly for families in post-lockdown times. Her popular blog at www.homeschoolguru.org and tweets have led to talks, articles and high-profile media interviews on homeschooling during the 2020 lockdown.
Author: Anna Dusseau
Editions: Hawthorn Press